Thursday, January 17, 2013

Renaissance Cellars Norton, Kansas

Wine review by Tasting Team member Dr. J. This is our very first review of a wine from Kansas.

My sister came to town for Christmas from Kansas.  She mentioned that there was a winery close by and wanted to know if I wanted her to bring me anything. I quickly jumped online to research and said, "Yes!  Bring me a Norton."   

On the nose was blueberry, blueberry, blueberry...loads of it.  If I didn't know better, I'd think this was a blueberry fruit wine.  There is once again, loads of blueberry on the palate with spice and pronounced tannins. 

This is a deep, dark, and inky wine that is bold and medium to full body.  I have had very few Nortons but I have really enjoyed the couple I have had in the past and this was no different. 

Rating: 3.5 of 5 Value: 3 of 5
Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments: